Saturday, September 29, 2012

Cycling...

A dear friend of mine that I helped pour spiritual blessings into (as she also poured into me) has gotten engaged. It makes me reminisce of that season of my life. I love Fall, it really is my favorite season. The beauty that comes with the death of life (leaves, flowers). I recently started a new devotion, and surprisingly enough, it discussed how we should enjoy the season of life we are currently in. And remember to savor the thoughts of the seasons of life we have moved on from. I just had a baby (6 months ago is still new for me). I remember when she was a newborn and thinking, "I can't wait until you don't sleep all the time and I can play with you more". Looking back at that time, it's a season of life I will never get back with her. And I almost feel guilty for wishing the season to have changed so abruptly. Especially since now, it feels like she will soon be on her way to the teenage years at the rate she's growing and maturing; and I wish for that season back. So, my advice, to myself and to anyone else who takes the time to read this: Enjoy your current season. Good and bad. For their will never be another quite like your current one...

1 comment: