Sunday, June 5, 2011

Burn baby burn..

Mama Phillis gave me a VERY cool book to read; which I'm almost done with, it's that good. It's by Perry Stone, Purging your House, Pruning your Family Tree.

Basically talks about how you need to cleanse your house and your body of things that bring spiritual warfare into your home. It's SO good. I can't just pick out one part to discuss. However; it had me thinking and had me convicted of some things.

I will be holding a bonfire here very soon. A bonfire? Yes, a bonfire. Not the good feel kind with s'mores; but a breaking free kind of bonfire. In the book, Stone discusses breaking free of things that have had or currently have a hold on your life. These things can include memories that bring up the past that you have asked forgiveness for already. It is like there is a spiritual hold linking these items to your mind. After seriously thinking this through, I completely agree with him. When I am struggling with things from the past, the main things that I think about are how easily accessible some items are if I wanted to refer to them again. Some things I could just sell, or throw out. But I feel a serious conviction on not allowing that to hinder someone else; so I will watch them burn. And as I watch these items burn, I will relinquish all of my bad memories to them, and remember that God said I am forgiven...

Does this mean that the memories will be long lost and forgotten? Probably not; but at least I will find security in the fact that a spiritual hold will no longer connect me with those items that allowed me to find comfort in the enemy.

1 comment:

  1. The bondfire idea sounds awesome, & will definitely grow you towards God.

    I'll have to read that book :) I just finished his Breaking the Jewish Code book, good read also.

    ReplyDelete