Friday, May 20, 2011

Driver's seat...

Uplifting and encouraging words are great.
Except when you see those same uplifting and encouraging words elsewhere.
I have such a hard time accepting and especially believing those words that are supposed to make me feel better. I then have an even harder time when I hear those same words spoken to another. In my mind, it devalues what was said to me. I'm sure that's not true, it's just my brain over analyzing AGAIN.
So irritating not to be able to completely control your thoughts. I feel powerless. I know that only God is to be in control, but the fleshly part of me says that I can do it better. Sad thought, but true. If I can control my life, then only I will be responsible for when I get disappointed. That way, if something goes "wrong", I won't be a tiny bit upset at God. That's my thinking... and it needs to change. Now.

1 comment:

  1. Uplifting words are great although I totally get the not believing them part. Even with my own 'sweet' statements blogs I cant say I fully believe everything, hence the bible verses & much prayer related to (and sometimes tears). While I may not always believe what others try to uplift me with, or my own, at least this is FORCING me to work on thinking more positively. Which I think is what we have to do sometimes. I also have issues when I hear someone else get complimented after me, I feel like it cancels my compliment out, like theirs is better than mine just because it is them I guess, and I already think they are better. Not really sure why...but that goes back to comparing I guess, which is something I am always working on

    I don't think it's always anybody's fault when some things go wrong, God's or your own, its just something sucky that will shape your future self, inside and out, and God will use those sucky things to show your love for Him to others. How you go through trials-mental, emotional, or physical-will speak far more into others lives than all else. And if we never did screw things up, we would never need God or see how amazing He and His love can be.

    I dunno if I helped any or not, but I loves you! :)

    ReplyDelete