Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Farewell

Manager calls from second job.
"We are donating items to the victims in AL, want to bring some stuff by?"
Do I? Of course!
Go through this whole frenzy of getting as many items together as I can so that I can take it before the truck delivers to the victims. I make hubby stop what he is doing to completely be in chaos with me. Emptying out grocery cupboards and closets. All for the feeling of enjoyment that comes with giving back...

Reality.
This excitement and new experience I feel for just cleaning out my closets and doing something good for others.
That's the way my life needs to be. I need to "clean out my closet" of life. Spiritually, emotionally, whole heartily. What is in my life that is weighing me down, and keeping me from being completely free of my extra items of life? I need to be ecstatic for sanctifying things in my life; but instead, I waver and just try and cling to it. This does me no good. I need to be full of Christ, and less of the negative and materialistic things I allow to take up space.

I will earnestly try to keep my "closet" holy.

No comments:

Post a Comment